Pages

Easy Recipe - Baked Fish in Crazy Water

Adapted from a recipe in the Sydney Morning Herald 

I love fish! This is a really easy one pot (or roasting tray) fish bake recipe I've adapted from a recipe I found in the newspaper.  It is really easy and is made with items I already have in the fridge!

Preperation time - 10-15 mins
Cooking time - 25 - 30 mins
Serves 2- 3 hungry people  

Ingredients:
1 whole fish, here I used a red snapper that fits my roasting tray. Get your fish monger to clean it first!
1/2 dozen cherry tomatoes, cut in half
4-6 kalamata olives chopped roughly
4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 tbs chopped anchovies
1.5 cups white wine or substitute with vegetable or chicken stock (I don't really like white wine in cooking so I used less and add water, the amount is up to your taste)
handful of basil, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
I've added some prawns here as we love prawns at home, you can leave that out if prefered.

Simple steps - 
1) Pre-heat your oven to 450f/220c. Get a deep roasting tray or baking dish and lined with baking paper.
2) Place the fish in the dish than everything else over the fish, smashing some of the cherry tomatoes.
3) Bake for 20-30 mins depending on the size of your fish. Rule of thumb is in a 450f/220c preheated oven, you should cook your fish 10 mins for every 1 inch thickness of the fish.

Serve with salad or steamed rice.
Tips - I always line my baking dish with baking paper so it will be easier to clean after cooking. Also always get your fish monger to clean and cut up your fish as the middle bone of the fish is very very hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment