It is such a waste of time to stand around and wait for something to happen. So here is a list of ideas of things to do while you wait for water to boil for tea, for eggs, to steam vegetables... etc. They are all in the kitchen so you wouldn't have to be far from your boiling pot!
1) Prepare your cup/ bowl - if you making tea you can get your cup and tea ready
2) Do the dishes - best time to get some dishes washed
3) Tidy up kitchen bench - put away all the stuff and throw out your tea packet
4) Wipe kitchen cabinets - best time to wipe off that spilled soup of your cabinet doors!
5) Wipe fridge doors - keep them bacteria free.
6) Grocery list
- go through your fridge and pantry, list down what needs to be bought
7) Clean out appliances - turn your toaster upside down over your sink and shake.
8) Fill spice jars - give them a wipe down too.
9) Throw out expired food - urgh!
10) Change towels - time to change hand towels and drying towels
11) Organize bags - place all your shopping bags into a bag organizer.
And your water should be boiling by now! Happy multi-tasking!