If you love chicken and beer, here is a healthy, yummy and one pot recipe that you are going to love!
Preperation time - 10-15 mins
Cooking time - 1.5 hours
Serves 2 hungry people
First off here are the ingredients -
5 pieces of chicken drumstick or thigh - I use 5 drumsticks
2 carrots, sliced to half inch slices
2 large potatoes cut to wedges
2 large bay leaves
2 springs rosemary (substitute with basil if preferred)
Half a large red onion, sliced thinly
Salt and pepper to taste
1 bottle (345ml or more) of pilsner or pale ale
Simple steps -
1) Preheat your oven to 200 degrees
2) Place all your ingredient in a medium sized baking dis. Make sure it all fits.
3) Pour in your beer making sure that the liquid covers at least 3/5 of the ingredients
4) Place dish in the oven and cook for 30 mins
5) Stir the dish, ensuring all ingredients are coated with the beer.
6) Return to the oven and increase the temperature to 220-230, stir every 15-20 mins until the vegetables are soft and the liquid reduced. (approximately another hour)
Serving Ideas and Variation -
I had this on it's own, but it would be lovely with some crusty sourdough bread to soak up all the lovely juices! Goes well with a really cold glass of pale ale!