Pages

Easy Recipe - Aglio Olio with Mushrooms and Spinach

I love simple and healthy meals and will be sharing some of my tried and tested recipes with my readers.

aglio olio, spaghetti, spinach recipe
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Baby Spinach and Musrooms
The first has got to be an aglio e olio dish as I love the simplicity and flexibility of the base dish - spaghetti in garlic infused olive oil with some chilli flakes if preferred. This is a no sauce type of pasta that is great for packed lunches on the go especially with kids.

Over the years I've included several different types of 'addition' to it to increase the flavored and nutritional value. Today I'm sharing one I made recently with baby spinach and mushroom. I'm not good with exact measurements and don't use them most of the time, where it is really necessary I will include them.



Ingredients:
One serve spaghetti - I normally will hold them in a bunch that makes a circle. 1 inch diameter is my one serve
Baby spinach leaves - about 2 cups
Fresh white button mushrooms - handful, sliced thin
Garlic - 2 cloves or more if you like, crushed
Chilli flakes - optional
Lots of olive oil
Parmesan or pecorrino

1) Cook spaghetti and drizzle olive oil over so it separates, leave aside for now
2) Put a pan on medium heat, add about 1 table spoon of olive oil. Add crushed garlic and allow to cook for 5 mins keep stirring
3) Add mushrooms and cook till mushrooms turn a bit darker
4) Add in spaghetti and stir so that spaghetti is coated with the garlic infused oil. Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
5) Add in baby spinach and turn of the heat. Toss the spaghetti with the spinach and the heat will wither the spinach
6) Serve with Parmesan or pecorino

This is hot in my pan!

1 comment:

  1. hi, yini! this is a great recipe! i'm always looking to cook something new. i'd definitely try this. :) lovely blog... enjoyed browsing, and i am now following via google. i'd love to stay connected. :) have a great day!

    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete