|Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Baby Spinach and Musrooms|
Over the years I've included several different types of 'addition' to it to increase the flavored and nutritional value. Today I'm sharing one I made recently with baby spinach and mushroom. I'm not good with exact measurements and don't use them most of the time, where it is really necessary I will include them.
One serve spaghetti - I normally will hold them in a bunch that makes a circle. 1 inch diameter is my one serve
Baby spinach leaves - about 2 cups
Fresh white button mushrooms - handful, sliced thin
Garlic - 2 cloves or more if you like, crushed
Chilli flakes - optional
Lots of olive oil
Parmesan or pecorrino
1) Cook spaghetti and drizzle olive oil over so it separates, leave aside for now
2) Put a pan on medium heat, add about 1 table spoon of olive oil. Add crushed garlic and allow to cook for 5 mins keep stirring
3) Add mushrooms and cook till mushrooms turn a bit darker
4) Add in spaghetti and stir so that spaghetti is coated with the garlic infused oil. Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
5) Add in baby spinach and turn of the heat. Toss the spaghetti with the spinach and the heat will wither the spinach
6) Serve with Parmesan or pecorino
This is hot in my pan!